The halt at Spooner Row is situated on the Norwich/Ely/Peterborough railway line. The railway was built in 1845 and is one stop along from Wymondham's historic railway station.
The original station building was built in 1844 and was demolished after a fire in 1977. There were also sidings at the station which were removed in the late 1960's.
The original single storey Signal Box was built in the 1880's and replaced in the 1920's. It is a Great Eastern Railway (GER) type 2.
The semaphore signalling system and manually operated gates were operational until the level crossing was automated in December 2012.
Occasionally, the Flying Scotsman and other steam engines can be seen passing through!
To view more photos click here